Lord’s the ‘Home of Cricket’ has been located in St John’s Wood Road since 1816. A group of wealthy ‘gentlemen’ created a cricket club back in 1752, known as the White Conduit Club that, due to various changes of address, became the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC). It now owns this prime piece of London real estate or sporting shrine as it is regarded by cricket fans.
The Lord’s Media centre was completed in 1999 and designed by Future Systems. It became the first all-aluminium building, supported by its own outer skin (Monocoque) in the world.
On this warm summer evening Middlesex played Hampshire in the ‘Nat West Blast’, hence the flames and general razz ma tazz. Not sure what the good members of the White Conduit Club would have made of it but it certainly brings in the punters.