Theaster Gates 'Freedom of Assembly' at the White Cube in Bermondsey Street.
Sunday, 28 June 2015
Sunday, 21 June 2015
Lord’s the ‘Home of Cricket’ has been located in St John’s Wood Road since 1816. A group of wealthy ‘gentlemen’ created a cricket club back in 1752, known as the White Conduit Club that, due to various changes of address, became the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC). It now owns this prime piece of London real estate or sporting shrine as it is regarded by cricket fans.
The Lord’s Media centre was completed in 1999 and designed by Future Systems. It became the first all-aluminium building, supported by its own outer skin (Monocoque) in the world.
On this warm summer evening Middlesex played Hampshire in the ‘Nat West Blast’, hence the flames and general razz ma tazz. Not sure what the good members of the White Conduit Club would have made of it but it certainly brings in the punters.
Saturday, 13 June 2015
The Summer Exhibition at the Royal Academy, where even the staircase is a work of art (Jim Lambie - Zobop)
The Summer Exhibition has become a victim of it's own success. Even on a 'members' day it is far too crowded. It has the feel of a village feat with everyone jostling for position, trying to get a glimpse of the work.
All the art is for sale. Some bought for it's artistic quality, some just for the signature on the border and a few because it resembles their dog. Dog's sell well (lots of red 'sold' dots).
The Summer Exhibition is a great opportunity for amateur artists to exhibit their work on the same walls as the great and the good. It signifies the start of summer and is best viewed with a glass of Pimm's in hand.